Welcome to Texans for Public Justice!
We're an Austin-based non-profit that organized in 1997 to take on political corruption and corporate abuses in Texas. Through intensive research and public advocacy we hope to add a clear voice to debates on political reform, consumer protection, civil justice and corporate accountability.
We hope you'll take a few minutes to browse around the site: Check out our reports on who's moving money through the Texas political system. Our Lobby Watch reports seek to expose those who sell their influence in the capitol. This is our look at Austin's hired guns and the special interests who pay them to grease the wheels in our State Capitol. The Watch Your Assets series exposes the misuse and abuse of the public's assets, through privatization and corporate subsidies.
Read TPJ 2013 Annual Report
TPJ's 2013 IRS Filing form 990
Texans for Public Justice is thankful for the support it has received from the following foundations:
- Alliance For Better Campaigns, Washington, DC (The Alliance is supported by grants from the Pew Charitable Trusts.)
- Arca Foundation, Washington, DC
- Deer Creek Foundation, St. Louis, MO
- Magnolia Charitable Trust, Houston, TX
- National Association for Public Interest Law (NAPIL), Washington, DC
- Ottinger Foundation, New York, NY
- Proteus Fund, Amherst, MA
- Winkler Family Foundation, Austin, TX
- Margaret Cullinan Wray Charitable Trust, Houston, TX
- Solidago Foundation, Northampton, MA
- Stern Family Fund, Washington, DC
- Rockefeller Family Fund, New York, NY
- Open Society Foundations, New York, NY
- Tides Foundation, San Francisco, CA
Craig McDonald - Director
Andrew Wheat - Research Director
Sean Chitty - Technology Director